Mortgage Document Checklist
It goes without saying that being prepared when going purchasing a home and applying for a mortgage is very important. Having your documents ready will make the process go smoother, it can also increase the likelihood of securing better rates. Most importantly it will reduce the stress of running around trying to find documents with a deadline fast approaching.
I will work along side you to help you understand and collect your documents. Although not every document on this list is always needed (in some cases, other documents may be requested) it is important to have them ready in order to further reinforce your application.
- Copy of latest two pay stubs
- Notice of Assessment - 2 Years
- Letter of Employment
- Including: Job status/hourly rate or salary/time with company on company letterhead with signature
- T1 General or Notice of assessments (Most common with self employed, overtime or commissioned employees)*
Confirmation of Down Payment
- Bank account showing 90 days of down payment amount (must show name, account information and current balance)
- Sale of existing home (copy of purchase & sale agreement)
- Gift Letter for gifted down payments
- Most Recent RRSP & Investment Statements
- Form B
- AGM & Last 6 Months Strata Minutes
- Copy of Purchase & Sale Agreement
- Void Cheque
- Solicitor Information - One can be recommended if you do not have a solicitor (firm name, solicitors name and full address)
- Photo ID
Get Ahead of The Game For A Speedy Approval
The more you do ahead of time, the better your chances for an approval. To help provide you with a more accurate pre approval I ask for some of these documents up front.
Remember: Timeliness and organization are key in applying for a mortgage. The faster you are able to provide your information, the quicker you can prepare to take your next step!
I will be there every step of the way to help you get the right mortgage, with the best rate. Of course my service is free to you. So if you're ready Apply online or free to contact me anytime.